Reflecting the goals of the Echota Cherokee Tribe of Alabama, Inc.
1. To encourage and promote socioeconomic development aimed at tribal and individual self-sufficiency.
2. To support the preservation of traditional Cherokee, culture, language and values.
3. To improve education and training
opportunities for tribal members.
4. To seek improved health care for our people with particular emphasis on children and elders.
5. To encourage our people to develop, as individuals, their talents as craftsmen, dancers, artists, musicians, and
6. To continuously strive to maintain the dignity of the American Indian by always treating others with the utmost respect and courThere are seven Clan's within our Tribe.
Each Clan has their own agenda as far as
their activities are concerned.
The Governing Body of the Tribe consists
of a Principal Chief, a Tribal Chairman,
a Recording Secretary, a Record's Keeper,
a Treasurer and a five member Tribal Council.
The Mission Goal's of our Tribe are the
education of our people, the preservation
of our culture and the protection of the
environment. We are the keeper's of the
seven generation's. This has been the
Cherokee belief throughout history.